Stream of Consciousness Game?

 *Freudian voice* Vant to give it a go?

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Er....how does it work?

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Well, it's kinda based on a game I played with my friends/cousins Torin and Chris.

1. First, you decide on turns.

2. Then somebody starts off with a word, or a (short) phrase.

3. Then the next player says a word of phrase that can be somehow related to the first word of phrase.

Ex: Grill

You can say "teeth" (because of these) or "car" (because of these) or you can name any kind of food that can be cooked on a grill

Then the next player says a word or phrase related to the one before it (grill <= teeth <= dentist); this one doesn't have to relate to the very first thing that was spoken.

Ex: A word can be twisted and manipulated to have more than one meaning, connotation or significance. Such as the word "taint", or "head", or "die" interchanged with "dye"

And so on, until you reach a stopping point, like say 1) reaching a predetermined word/phrase, 2) reaching a word/phrase that is too obscure to relate to some other word/phrase, or even 3) reaching a topic that nobody wants to touch.

In the event a word/phrase association takes too long, a player's turn will be skipped. The absolute longest a player can take to answer, before being skipped, is 24 hours.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Sure, I'll play.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Vespert
Oh, that's how it's called? Or did you make it up? I also play it, but IRL, we don't have much time to think of a word. We have to say the first one that comes to mind.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

@Ves: It can also be played that way. Either is correct. And it can be called Stream of Consciousness, Train of Thought, Word Association or anything pertaining to linking one concept to another. I just chose that because that's the name of the game that was introduced to me.

Okay! So, here's the order of the first game.

Order:
Shadowulf1
Marvelous_Miscreant
Mik_Hael
Zaleramancer
Vespert
Bug10000 (added)

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Ready when you are.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

"Legend"

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Map (like a legend on a map...)

Administrator
tree.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Vespert
It's more than 24 hours since the last post, so Zale's turn is skipped.

Ability Tree! (The father of the Superpower List )

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Apple

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Mik_Hael
Administrator
Star.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Ester.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Vespert
Easter... -_-*

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

(You guys should have an idea what I was thinking to say, but I don't want the game to end that quickly...)

Egg.

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

A sweet delicious omelet with cheese....

Re: Stream of Consciousness Game?

Mik_Hael
Administrator
Omledu Fromage...if that doesn't count