Steven Universe

Okay, apparently, I'm a troglodyte who's been living under a rock. I've never seen a single episode. Sound off with just what makes this series so awesome, to you! I'd love to know what y'all think! Let's see if you can convince me to give it a go!

Re: Steven Universe

I love it because as it progresses it deals with a lot of topics that most cartoons stay away from such as dealing with the loss of a parent and same-sex couples. Plus, it's overarching story is really interesting and compelling.

Re: Steven Universe

It's great all the characters are super relatable and it's got a great lore behind it.

Also Nicki Minaj voiced a character in it once.

It is a beautiful light in this world.

Re: Steven Universe

I mean, apparently everybody loves it? So, yeah, I definitely knew it deserved elaborating on. Forgot to mention on the post, but feel free to share any fan art, fan fic, gifs, etc, that you find pertaining to the series.

Re: Steven Universe

Hmm. I'm trying to decide what to say without spoiling things. I know exactly what happened to make me decide, but it's spoilery as hell.

Re: Steven Universe

Feel free to white-out the spoilery bits. (I have to track down the text-coloring format again...)

I'm not super-convinced I'll even watch, so you have a bit of leeway to give mild spoilers, as you see fit.

Re: Steven Universe

Mik_Hael
Administrator
The color theory used in this show is quite awesome. Unlike most cartoons it uses a series of soft inter blended colors in its backgrounds similar to the old samurai Jack's artwork except instead of being sharp and pointy in order to generate a sense of other worldliness and action, everything is rounded and very inspired by 60's and 70's music albums creating a kind of nostalgic feel to everything.

As for the story, it's alright. As Miscreant mentioned it tackles allot of subject that you used to see but don't anymore, like the death of a parent, nihilism, the identity of the self, what it means when you realize your heroes may not be who you thought they were, and puts itself together rather well while still allowing for weird characters. Such as Onion the most evil and powerful being in existence.

As for the animation, it's pretty fluid, unlike most shows now days that force everything to be on model at almost all times its closer to the old animation that created scenes from your nightmares if you ever paused it, but lends itself really well to action scenes or emotional moments.

That and all of the characters are horrible people but still likable, for me at least, everyone else hates Ronaldo.

Re: Steven Universe

That sounds awesome. I'm still contemplating whether I'm willing to give the show a try, but I've literally heard only good things.

Re: Steven Universe

Mik_Hael
Administrator
the fanbase sucks ass but the show's good.

Re: Steven Universe

The fanbase is annoying? That's actually incredibly common to hear...