Re-approval Discussion

Philote
Administrator
Since we can now edit powers, this is a thread to propose a power that needs to be edited so that members can discuss the best way to fix the power.

(Wulf can you pin this also)
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Philote
Administrator
Philote wrote
unrequited love
Originally was: Love Hurts

The ability to cause anyone to die of heartbreak from unrequited love
Originally was: The ability to break someone's heart (see description)

This power enables the user to make their victim fall deeply in love with someone and be completely unloved by the person they're madly in love with. the heartbreak will be so devastating for your victim that they will die a cold, painful death.
Originally was: This power enables the user to make anyone of their choosing fall deeply in love with someone and then make THAT person disgusted by the accusation.

The good:
make victims die from a broken heart
Originally was: Break anyone's heart

The bad:
You're a heartbreaker

Tags:
love, hate, heart, break
Created by no_name on Dec. 15, 2009 at 06:36 a.m.
Should the changes be made to this? The description is better but idk about changing the name, especially if it wasn't No_name who asked for the resubmission.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Perhaps, Heart Breaker?
Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Philote
Administrator
You know, now that I think about it we could just use Corrections Thread for this........

If some administrator agrees you can delete this then.

Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
Administrator
Should we take a look at Laser Nipples?
It's just an easy, sarcastic score or a morbid/sexist/creepifying mind.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Yes, take a look at it please.

Nasty/creepy/terrible for shirt designers everywhere.
Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
Administrator
How about Einstein?
Flies in the face of every kinda sense

First, IQ makes you smart, but doesn't give you the same knowledge as Albert (so this would have to be "brains/memory/mind").
IQ doesn't give you glimpe of his emotions, EQ does that (but brain might).

Secondly, his memory knowledge is useless for making weapons (that's not what he did), tho some of his knowledge can help.

And his IQ/brains/knowledge is only useful for a physics pop quiz or something, not on popular culture or whatever.

Lemme know what you think.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

I think you may be right.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

I has improvified it.

Einstein
Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
Administrator
Much better, thank you.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
Administrator
Full Brain Usage shouldn't have been approved, imho.
Normal peole use 100% of their brain already, 10% is a myth. If anything, it's the same/too similar to 100 Percent Brain Efficiency and/or other powers that accelerate thinking/give you knowledge.

What to do? Replace it with Lightbringer's next submission that is approvable?

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Philote
Administrator
Maybe change it to cause the myth to become true for a person?

Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd

Re: Re-approval Discussion

Whd
Administrator
What about Infinity Gauntlet? Technically it's more than a stupid glove, since it makes sure you don't have to get rid of your other powers (side effect of the gems).
But it is an easy way to near-omnipotence........too powerfull without weaknesses.

Change the power all together or just a part of it?

Also, Blow up is a copy of many powers on the site. Bit short too
1234 ... 7