RP Glossary

This shall be the hub for every quote, phrase, term and acronym associated with anywhere on the forum. It shall be our reference for every such term, and the means by which we can help to come up with new terms. Despite the name, it shall serve as our atlas/dictionary/encyclopedia/index/thesaurus/trope treasure trove for every person, being, creature, race, entity, deity, event, action, land, territory, world, dimension, time, object, artifact or item that has a place in the Superpower List Forum.

The rules of the forum apply here. However, there are two additions to said rules:

1. Only one entry per post. Do not try to be a smarty-face and post all the tropes and terms and phrases that you can possibly think of, into one big, huge megapost. Such a post will be deleted, regardless of whether you have the content of said post saved elsewhere or not.

Ex of good: (insert quote by Shadowulf1)

Ex of bad: (insert quote by Shadowulf1, term used by Zale, item belonging to the world of the Miscreants, term used in Philote's universe for the basic particle of matter)

2. Try to keep conversation to a minimum. It is allowed, but let's not let that take up 1/2 and 3/4 of the thread. I want this to be a useful reference guide without folks having to navigate through too much unnecessary chatter.

Now, with that said, let's begin!

Re: RP Glossary

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
First:

Bug10000 wrote
MEWF
My Enemies Will Fall
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: RP Glossary

ESRP
Evolutionist's Stone Role Play: The oldest of the roleplays, currently undergoing a revival.

LoC
Lords Of Creation: A God Game made from heavily modified rules. Currently ongoing.

NB
New Beginning: A roleplay based on everyone having reality bending powers.

Re: RP Glossary

Philote
I'll update this at some point with more terms. Don't delete this, I think its a little silly to take up one post per term when it will make finding relating terms difficult. Unless somebody else agrees that this is not the best method.

Philote's RP Terms:

1. EPRP: Elemental Planes Role Play - The first RP that I have created/run.

Philote's NB Terms:
Philote (Particle): Subatomic particle that is more data than matter. There is one philote for each point of data in an object. Such as a philote for the heart that controls all the philotes for the objects that make up the heart.

Aeon: The planet for my universe and one of the three major heavenly bodies along with the sun and moon. Its star is similar to VY Canis Majoris and it has the same planet to star size ratio as Earth.

Correnian: The race that lives on Aeon. Much like humans, but without limits to what their stats can reach.

Core: An advanced philote that joins with a Correnian’s soul. The basis of their power to manipulate other philotes.

Core User: A Correnian who has a Core and the powers that goes along with a core.

Overdrive: A specific release of power that goes above a person’s normal ability. Usually activated under extreme emotion and reactivated after extensive training.

Correnite: A substance indistinguishable from crystal until it is stimulated with energy. Can enhance or hurt a Core User’s power. Comes from the elemental forming the moon.

Symbiote: A nonsentient black morphic creature that comes from the elemental forming the sun. Symbiotes are able to combine with other nonsentient life. Very hostile.

Haven: Inter-dimensional Hub. Endless plane with a mansion in the center and gates rotating around.

Gate: A portal between a dimension and Haven in the form of a door.

Gate Guardian: Non-sentient creature designed to protect the gates of Haven. Each guardian is based on the prime energies of the dimension it is designed to guard.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP Glossary

There's no problem with trying to have more than one term within each post (even though I requested that you do otherwise). As long as every term we come up with does not take up all of three pages, with 47 more completely empty, or ten pages, with 40 more completely empty. I would like as much of the thread as possible.

Scoton
n.  A hypothetic quantum of matter, about the size of an atom, with the capacity to absorb photons, thus generating a synthetic equivalent of darkness. Generation and manipulation of said particles often constitutes use of the superhuman power Umbrakinesis. [Term coined by Shadowulf1]

Re: RP Glossary

Magic
A means by which a person (Mage) can cause things they desire to happen. Usually structured and red-taped by rules.

100 Reapers
One of the one hundred psychopomps that serve Zale.

Zale
a) An Admin noted for melodrama and being eccentric.

b) A character of the NB, while originally a super-powered human extensive self-augmentation has left they/him as a collective mass-mind that lives in countless bodies and wields a great deal of power, as well as being very hard to squash.

Mass-Mind
A mind made up of lesser minds, i.e: Gestalt Mind.

 Jester, to pull a
To do something flabbergasting and over-the-top that ends with massive destruction, often of a great deal of the universe.

He pulled a jester when he shattered a planet, devoured the souls of the world and then bent the fabric of space and time to crush that huge squid thing. Luckily, we manged to fix it all before anyone noticed.

Re: RP Glossary

Penultimate
The supreme ruler of Celadon, and all associated territories. Bestowed with superhuman reality bending capabilities by the Elementals to rule over their lands as a fair deciding vote among them.

Elemental
One of the one numerous remaining denizens of the Elemental Planes. They possess one elemental domain, and a title by which they prefer to be addressed. Their names are Arboralia (Arbor Avatar), Habador (Earth Exemplar), Drym (Energy Elder), Polaris (Glacier Guru), Vulcan (Lava Lord), Sciops (Storm Sage) and Gandrei (Wind Warden)

Celadon
A planet, twice the size of Jupiter, occupied by various creatures, races, species, objects, items, territories and locations from fantasy, mythology, legend and folklore. It is also home to The Penultimate, and the Elementals. It is composed of numerous lands, each marked by distinct climate and weather. (more to come later)

Re: RP Glossary

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Dryad Knotwood
A member of the Elemental Union and Founder of the Mars Combat Academy. She is an ancient archdruid involved in many calamities affecting the Peacekeepers.

Elemental Union
A nation of many different beings who tend to be able to control the elements. The rulers are all archmages who are extremely powerful. Many of the citizens are members of the Peacekeepers.

Mars Combat Academy
A school designed to train its students to join the Peacekeepers.

Peacekeepers
Organization designed to keep the many nations of Drayad's home dimension from warring with one another. Recieves many troops from the Elemental Union, Draconic Empire, Empire of Winds, Kingdom of Swordsmen, and Kingdom of Witches.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: RP Glossary

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
 Crescent
Women whose first appearance in NB is showing up in front of Zale's abode while he was possessed, attracted by the extreme amounts of magical power emanating from conflicts within. Her purpose is to find all of the magic items that her ancestors made in the past. Her real name is as yet unknown to those in NB and her presence has not been noted significantly as yet.

 Silver Crescent Fang
The katana that is constantly at Crescent's waist. Its blade has the silvery-white sheen of pure platinum as does its hiltguard. It has the capability to fire off large amounts of energy and channel energy from its wielder through itself as well. Other abilities it may have, have not yet been shown.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: RP Glossary

Celebrity Claim
A reference to a character's appearance, using the appearance of existing celebrities (living, unliving or formerly living). For example: The assassin Wayne (Evolutionist's Stone RP) has Jason Statham as his celebrity claim; Overlady Lisa-Lee Cade (Evolutionist's Stone RP) has Britney Spears as her celebrity claim; the assassin Charisma Leveaux (Evolutionist's Stone RP) has Robin 'Rihanna' Fenty as her celebrity claim.

Re: RP Glossary

Demideify (Demi-deify, Demi deify)
To make into a demigod or demigoddess.

Re: RP Glossary

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Shigemoto Household
The Shigemoto Household is a noble clan of warriors and crafters blessed by a goddess to be equals to the gods. They are acknowledged on their home world to be insanely powerful even in comparison to the gods. Crescent belongs to this household.

Cloak of Flowing Twilight
A cloak that Crescent is soul-bound to. The entire cloak is made of pure metal made thin enough to be sown like silk. It is made to look like a black night sky with bits of shiny metal interspersed throughout its area to look like stars.

The Cloak of Flowing Twilight can extremely decrease the damage its wielder takes as well as boost their speed severalfold and heal them.

Soul-Bound
If a being is soul-bound to an object, they cannot lose it by any means as it will always make its way back to them by fate. As well, the owner can summon it from short distances away. There tends to be at least one saga about a being with their soul-bound object in the world that they are most well-known.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: RP Glossary

Sex object
n. A character/creature/being/species designed strictly for sexual purposes, and often appearing as though unable to function in everyday life or society otherwise. Often, these are identified by the presence of abnormally (perhaps impossibly) large genitalia, unlikely combination of genitalia, unlikely genital/sexual physics, and perhaps being composed entirely of genitalia.

ex: Beware of the lower part of Google's image search. It's chock FULL of weirdo sex objects.

Re: RP Glossary

OP
adj. Overpowered; exceeding the power-level allowed, or seen as appropriate to the game at hand.
ex: Various uses of the term

n. Original Post; the post in which a concept, an idea or material is first introduced.
ex: Use of the term

Re: RP Glossary

Accurate
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Accuracy

Agile
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Agility

Bio
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Biokinesis

Charmer
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Hypnotic Charm

Dexter
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Dexterity

Electro
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Electrokinesis

Feral
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Berserker Rage

Gyro
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Gyrokinesis (Gravity Manipulation)

Hypersensitive
n. A general term for a superhuman possessing especial sensitivity to the supernatural.

Hyposensitive
n. A general term for a superhuman possessing especially low sensitivity to the supernatural.

Hypnotist
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Hypnotism

Jinx
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Bad Luck Inducing

Poindexter
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Intelligence

Psionic
adj. Relating to, originating from, or having the nature of psychic energy that is visible to the naked eye.

Psion
n. A superhuman possessing Psionic powers

Pyro
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Pyrokinesis

Radionic
adj. Relating to, originating from, or having the nature of psionic energy, emanated from the entire body, rather than any localized area on the body.

Reflexer
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Reflexes

Regen
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Rapid Regeneration

Senser, Sensor
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Senses

Speeder
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Speed

Speedster
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Speed

Strongman
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Superhuman Strength

Svengali
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Hypnotism or Mind Control.

Techno
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Technokinesis or Technopathy

Teek
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Telekinesis

Teep
n. A superhuman possessing the power of Telepathy

Re: RP Glossary

Diabolus ex Machina
n. An event or turn of events intended to bring about an automatic kill or defeat with no rhyme or reason. In that it allows an antagonist to win, rather than the protagonist, it is the opposite of a Deus ex Machina.