Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Alright, using powers on this site, how would you protect things such as the following:
1) You stash or Power Backup CD's (can be split up). You can multiply them and hide them in multiple places if you wish.
2) Your base.
3) Yourself.
4) I will add some more

These do not include powers like Anti-Theft; these are for any powers which could set up protective measures.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Alright, some other possible things to protect:
1) Your backup bodies from the soon-to-be-created power DeathDodge: Genetic Reincarnation. These bodies are a mixture: the ones before death, the ones in the process of reviving and unused ones which have completed the process.
2) The revival/teleportation locations for Soul Marker.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Alright, since nobody else is replying, I will start it off, showing what powers I use:

Spacial Storage + The door + Power Backup:
1) Enter a remote location.
2) Put a pocket dimension in a well-hidden position (i.e. in a cave).
3) Summon the door.
4) Bring out things to set yourself up a good base.
5) Bring out food and other supplies.
6) Bring out some rewritable CD's.
7) Make them into backups of your powers.
8) Set up some formidable defenses.
9) De-summon the door.
10) Carefully hide your backups and other valuables in there.

Optional:
1) Set up a transportation pocket dimension nearby, with an entrance hidden at home.

The above strategy provides 5 lines of defense for the backups (or any other valuables you want to protect):
-It's in a pocket dimension, with only 1 way in.
-The entrance is hidden
-It's in a remote area.
-There are defenses protecting it from intruders.
-The items of value are hidden in there (i.e. trying to find a bunch of CD's in a messy office -not easy, if you do it right).

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Wish
Command Discs and Power Backup---store your powers into minions-better than having to hide your powers-since you can then put another disc in and eject the power you gave away by commanding the person to eject it.

I'm pretty sure if you gave the powers to someone with any decent intelligence and someone with at least some shred of loyalty( though that can be controlled with command discs) it is much better to have someone else protect your powers for you-since you can't be all around all the time.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
I would have 6 backups for each power except Genetic Reincarnation (which doesn't need it), hidden with it's batch. I'd also have another copy of each inside my body, which I'd use. Some of the following are done removing my morals.

For these, I will say I have 6 powers -Ability Imbuing, Spatial Storage, Genetic Reincarnation, Pack Invulnerability (or one of it's upgrades), Power Backup and The Door.
Some of the defenses I would have are:
1) I would use pack invulnerability to make 5 people invulnerable (including a carrier for G.R.), with each holding one disk, with severe penalties for any who lose/break theirs.
2) I would keep one batch in a pocket dimension linked to a safe location.
3) I would have a cave (containing other stuff as well) with several defenses:
-First, the cave can only be accessed through swimming.
-When they enter it, an imbued object in the entrance causes all human blood outside a living human body would form a gigantic blood monster.
-Then, an object which zombifies all dead bodies in the cave.
-Next, a lake in which the zombies hide. This lake has toxic waters; cannot be breathed by a water-breather.
-In that lake, an island at the far side, but not attached to the wall. This is to prevent wallcrawlers from getting there the easy way.
-A boat will take them across, but it isn't very steady and can only be moved by feeding on the energy of its passengers, weakening their powers. If I wanted to get across, the zombies would carry me.
-An object attached to the wall prevents flight, gliding and similar powers.
-The goods are stored within the island, but to enter, you must give a fresh sample of my blood type (AB+) which is only in 2% of people. Also, this blood must come from a male who has at least entered puberty. You also need to speak the right password in the right language.
-When you get in, the precious things are kept in another lake. There is just 1 problem -mermaids. Any males, homosexual females or bisexuals will be lured towards them, who will take them to the depths for breeding. If, however, a female is touched by or looks through the eyes, they will be killed. Thus, there are extremely few people who can enter safely, especially since if they mermaids don't attract them, they will attack them normally. However, like the zombies, they will not try to lure or attract me. I would create these and the zombies using Ability Imbuing on certain objects. They, along with the zombies, would be sustained by an object under the island's chamber.
-For the CD's, you have to pull out "pods" which contain backup bodies, being sustained by the same item which sustains the mermaids and zombies. Each of these backup bodies holds a CD.
4) Hidden inside a stone which can turn any metal into gold and any drink into the elixir of life. This would be given to someone extremely greedy.
5) In a box, in a lava tube, on the dark side of the moon.
6) Inside the supply room accessed through "the door" (if possible to put things in there as well as take things out).

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Wish
You know what the problem is for protecting belongings........

The fact that people can just go up to you directly and extort you to give away your secret locations even worse a mind reader can see where you hid it---so I would use selective memory and devise a hidden code word and give it to a trusted person which will require another code which only I know how to decipher so that no one can read my mind and find out what I did to hide my stuff.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Yeah, I realized that problem, this is assuming you have anti-telepathy or a similar power to prevent that. So, anyway, where would everyone else hide their stuff?

Re: Protecting Belongings.

dang I can't come up with any...

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Administrator
I think I will make a series of powers for this purpose. I don't have a name yet, but here are some ideas:
1) When touched, it makes near-useless duplicates until it's "creator" leaves, at which point the duplicated disappear.
2) When touched, it causes the foes hands to burn.
3) When touched, it gives the foe cancer -I got the idea from star signs; with very little treatment, cancer is a great defense.
4) Tires the holder out.
5) Stops powers from working on the object.
6) Alerts you it's being stolen.

I'd like to base as many as I can on star sign for some reason. Any ideas for names?
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Administrator
I didn't mean number 3 to be offensive, so it could be some fictional form of cancer, such as a cancer based in your powers (that would be VERY dangerous) to avoid offence. I only got the idea from thinking about star signs, which made me think of Cancer (the star sign) which made me think of the condition.

Worse comes to worse, I could always make it give the victim a different disease, such as one that turns you into a zombie (actually, that would be a better defense -a person touches it, he turns and suddenly his allies need to deal with a member of the undead before it infects them.

Okay, a new name:
3) Zombify -if a foe touches this, they instantly turn into a zombie. Furthermore, if it touches another person, they instantly turn and so forth. In addition, these zombies are immutable and absorb energy, so energy attacks are useless. To kill them, you have to destroy every last cell, otherwise they will regenerate completely.

Now THAT would be an obstacle, especially if the object was given other powers, such as immunity to powers (i.e. no telekinesis).
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

yeah, seems like some tweaking is needed...

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Administrator
Yeah, from memory, it was getting late at night, so I might have got carried away. I might scrap the regeneration. If I don't, the only way to kill them would be to burn them after tearing them apart. I don't want to do an Alex -Perfect Immortality was the worst argument ever and the counters were created too late.

Alright, would these be good modifications:
1) The zombies are extremely flammable.
2) When on fire, they stop moving and scream in pain.
3) When one zombie is on fire, all the others clear away.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Protecting Belongings.

HAHAHAHA! "Do an Alex"...good one.

But yeah, those modifications seem okay.
Whd

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Protecting Belongings.

yeah, seems a solid defense with the changes you'll make

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Administrator
This is part of some good defenses:
In this case, I will use objects from The Dorian Gray Complex:
1) Zombie healing -would provide an ample supply of zombies for defense. Easy to create; go to hospitals and offer treatment for diseases such as cancer or HIV, making them into zombies during treatment.
2) Teleportation Imbuing -the object can escape, allows me to transport zombies into position and makes for some very creative traps. For example, lets say it is in a vault, with special pillars which will sent an intruder into a cell if touched.
3) Ability Imbuing -Objects could be given powers to defend themselves.
4) Energy Imbuing -Objects which electrocute thieves would not be very nice to steal.
5) Solar Fueled Spaceflight -Things on the moon are very hard to steal.

That's to start it off.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Alright, a new challenge:
How can you protect your phylactery (Reincarnation 7: Phylactery)?

Before getting involved in this discussion, I must say that Power Backup or Power Backup Ability go well with that ability. This is because you can make a few backups of your powers, then if you Phylactery is destroyed, the backups kick in and you regain your lost powers.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Protecting Belongings.

Myself
Administrator
Here's how I would protect a phylactery (or any other valuable object, for that matter):

1) Make a personal realm in which there is no Omni Vampire.
2) Bring Alex into it.
3) Offer him omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience within said realm (although ensure you are more powerful) and a relationship with Shelby Webster as long as my valued object is protected.
4) Add any other needed protections (like they're necessary, but just in case) to the realm.

Ha! Beat that!
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
123