If you could have a limited amount of powers

If you could have a limited amount of powers

devanes
Everyone wants like 50 different super powers.

If you could have 3 powers.
Absolutely bare minimum 3.
Compare to existing hero/villain or closest comparison if you can.
Please describe in detail if no character currently exists.

I would choose

(1)Intangibility as seen on Kitty Pride
(2)Immortality as seen in Mister Immortal
(3)Psychic Immunity as seen in Deadpool's insanity/Emma Frosts Diamond form/Magnetos Helmet without those extra's

I really want to read your combinations =D

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

devanes
Please try to do single powers.
Prefer no Omni--powers

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

Myself
Administrator
I have a few from the site, though with minor alterations and no representing superhumans that I know of.

1) Omnipotent Power Mimicry* -with the minor alteration that it comes from my imagination, not around the world, even if I lose the power sensing bit.
2) Teleportation -myself and up to an extra ton over unlimited range.
3) Telekinesis* -Chronicle style. One of my favorite movies of all time (and featuring a character named Andrew, who I appear almost identical to).

I too, have thought about this question a lot.

Other than that, welcome to the forums devanes! In case you're wondering, the asterisks denote the powers I possess; it is very useful on many threads.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

WonderDrow

I'll guess I'll pick powers from the superpowerlist

1) Immortality Manipulation (immortality, but not just limited to yourself)
2) Ultimate Technopath (battle suits, robots, teleporters, build technology to counter powers. The possibilities are limitless.)
3) Inherent Factual Omniscience (the first power I submitted. Plus it fits perfectly for someone who wonders about a lot of things.)

True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

devanes
Thank you for the welcome.

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

(1) Telekinesis: With proper usage, it can do nearly anything.
(2) Teleportation: Instant escape and travel.
(2) Invulnerability: No hurting me, silly.

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

1. Quantakinesis (Combat, defense, evasion, exploration, provision of ample resources, etc; manipulating quantity. What's not to like?)

2. ESP (the six 'clair' senses; Clairaudience, Clairalience, Claircognizance, Clairgustance, Clairsentience, Clairvoyance; if not at will, then at least not overwhelming to my senses)

3. Dimensional Energy Manipulation (Teleportation, Teleportation Manipulation, Hammerspace Use, Dimensional Travel, Summoning and more all make for surprisingly vicious combat...)

 Gotta love the multifaceted ones. And the less heard-of they are, the less likely you'll find someone who can resist them, withstand them, or think of a way to counteract them.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

Blackrravian
Umbrakinesis the ability to turn into animals and being able to control peoples brains
the darkest place in the world is the human heart think about it

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

WonderDrow
Shadowulf1 (Wulf) wrote
 Gotta love the multifaceted ones. And the less heard-of they are, the less likely you'll find someone who can resist them, withstand them, or think of a way to counteract them.
Personally I think the choice of powers also depends on what the situation in your world is.
Some powers become more or less valuable.

Take for example a power that can steal or mimic powers from others.
 It would be a much desired power in a world where there are a lot of power users.
But if there are only a few, and you have no way of finding them? Not so much.

The same with powers that defend against other powers.
If you know there are a lot people who can control your mind, you need some defense against it.
But if only 1 or no-one can control your mind?
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

WonderDrow
Administrator

My top 3 was chosen with the assumption that the world would be as it is now.
Where I don't have to face daily encounters with super powered beings.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

 Precisely. No need to make yourself dependent on others, with powers like Power Mimicry, Power Absorption or Empathic Mimicry.

The only mimicry I would take in a mundane world, is Animal Mimicry. Mimicking their appearance and/or abilities would be awesome.

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

devanes
I did not think of immortality Manipulation.   Thank you Wonderdrow

It would be nice to give immortality to friends, loved ones and obedient henchman =D

As long as it is revokable.

Immunity to psychics I believe is necessary in a world with a few people with powers. Unless being psychic yourself prevents your mind from being read/controlled.

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

Myself
Administrator
I would use my first power to devise a permanent defense against it.

I would also use it to permanently bind my consciousness to my powers, meaning that to erase either, you'd have to eliminate both simultaneously. In addition, if someone tries to swap powers with me, I retain a copy and my consciousness now inhabits two bodies. Should someone somehow absorb my powers, my mind coexists with their body, making me immortal as long as they live, able to mentally communicate with them and able to make use of their senses, if only their normal ones.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

devanes
Would it not be safer to just be immune to all powers possessed by others?? Psychic, power replicating, stealing. But it would include healing etc.

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

Gentleman Vaultboy
Always having the right amount of money on hand.

The ability to conjure a good book.

The ability to conjure anything you'd like to eat.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

 I think, with your selection, I'd just file those three under Summoning (or more likely Spatial Manipulation, to include Teleportation and Teleportation Manipulation and Hammerspace Use as bonus faculties). And then I'd add Precognitive Reflexes (as something of a mix of Danger Sense, Spatial Sense and Superhuman-Reflexes). And for my third power, Telekinesis.

 Tryna tell ya. Multifaceted powers are the way to go.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

WonderDrow
devanes wrote
Would it not be safer to just be immune to all powers possessed by others?? Psychic, power replicating, stealing. But it would include healing etc.
Sounds good. But when you can only have 3 powers then 3 powers that give you immunity would be rather boring.

All the other power users could do cool stuff, while you can only enjoy your immunity.

Also, there's no such thing as perfect immunity.

Take for example someone who's immune against all magic. Sounds great against a magician?
Sure, till that magician uses his magic to drop an elephant on you. You're not immune against the indirect attacks.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: If you could have a limited amount of powers

devanes
Yes but my immortality/intangibility would take of that.

I add intangibility to immortality so i don't have to spend eternity in a cell.
12