Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Locked 1003 messages Options

Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
This post was updated on .
The game: Describe a supernatural or seemingly normal situation, either through drawings, schematics or a short story, where a superpower is involved and let the others figure out what the power is.

Here are the rules (new ones could be added later on):
1- The situation described is tied to the use of a superpower.
2- The superpower used is already on the List at the time the message is posted.
3- Only ONE superpower is involved.
4- You can ask as many questions as you want about the superpower and the situation, preferably but not exclusively using Yes/No questions.
5- The questions can be qualified as irrelevant or their answers as not important by the author of a description.

List of riddles:
"Birds" by Vespert (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Beer" by Zaleramancer (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Robbery" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Babysitter" by Vespert (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Dictator" by jester_of_god (solved by WHD)
"Jellybean" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Dead-End" by Vespert (ended)
"Superman" by Myself (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Alcoholism" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Dreams" by WHD (solved by Vespert)
"Silence" by Vespert (solved by Myself)
"Winner" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Drown" by neogenetica (solved by Vespert)
"Resurrection" by Myself (solved by Vespert)
"Mentalism" by Vespert (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Hell" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Thrust" by Myself (solved by neogenetica)
"Pineapple" by jester_of_god (solved by neogenetica)
"Survivor" by jester_of_god (solved by Vespert)
"Train" by Vespert (solved by WHD)
"Mugger" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Rumspringa" by WHD (solved by Vespert)
"Eco-terrorism" by Vespert (solved by WHD)
"Cheating" by Shadowulf1 (cancelled)
"Pretender" by Shadowulf1 (solved by WHD)
"Combustion" by WHD (cancelled)
"Break-in" by Myself (cancelled)
"Single-handedly" by Sirmazing (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Corpse" by Myself (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Apocalypse" by Shadowulf1 (solved by WHD)
"VIPs" by WHD (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Rampage" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Myself)
"Film" by Myself (solved by wonder_drow)
"Cocktail" by wonder_drow (solved by Vespert)
Evidences by Vespert (solved by wonder_drow)

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
So who wants to go first?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Well, I DID win the last one on the previous thread. So let's get our feet wet with this one ... (shouldn't take long, but if it does, it's still cool)

"Sherri's having a party at her house. She invites all her friends, and her closest relatives (who coincidentally all live in the same town). Even a few celebrities pop up. But when the party is over, everybody goes outside, only to notice (to their mortal terror), the skies have tinged red. Fiery meteors are falling from the sky, and storms are scattered left and right. Screams can be heard from all around. The ground (which is very hot, and littered with broken glass, rusted metal and maggots) quakes with infernal menace; various monstrous creatures and demons rampage through the place, and the stiflingly-smoky air smells like sulfur, blood and various bodily fluids/secretions. Veins of volcanic magma run throughout, and eventually the house catches fire (as do a few of the unfortunate party guests). They are in Hell."

What happened?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Myself
Administrator
Did Sherri have the power?
Did the party have something to do with it?
Did the person with the power do it intentionally?
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

No.

Yes, if indirectly.

Yes.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Myself
Administrator
Divine Dimensional Travel?
Eye of Heck?
Fog to Hell?
Hell's Mouth?
Hellbound?
Hellish Banishment?

What did you mean by "yes, if indirectly" when replying to my question of whether or not it was due to the party?

It's KINDA because of the party, but more indirectly than directly. The fact that a party was held in itself, does not constitute the reason for the hellacious banishment.

I'm afraid that information is confidential, as it would reveal the ability near-instantaneously.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Myself
Administrator
Oh. That information alone will be useful.

Did Jester make it by any chance?
Does Jester have the power (without mimicry)?
Does Jester have this power (including mimicry)?

I think one of those will help me reveal it, but I may be wrong.

No, I don't think. Depends on if he can mimic this kind of power...

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
Are they really in Hell?
Is the power's main function has to do with Hell?
Is the person with the superpower also in Hell?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

YES. They have been banished to the most vile, painfully-hopeless, jaw-droppingly scare-the-crap-out-of-you scary depths of perdition, never to return. Do not "Pass Go", do not collect $200...

No.

Nope. Though they may GO there for THIS li'l stunt.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
Is it because they all just died?
Was the superpowered guy at the party?
Was he annoyed by the party?
Is the superpower's main function to send someone to other destinations?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Nope! (remember, the house went, too...)

Yes.

No, not the party itself.

Nope.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
Is the superpower's effect context-sensitive?
Is it a divine power?
Can they come back from Hell with the superpower guy's help?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Define what you mean by context-sensitive.

No.

Unfortunately, even though they likely regret doing it afterward, no, the effect cannot be undone.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
By context-sensitive, I meant can the power's effect change depending on the context? Like Color Shirt Power gives you a different power depending on the shirt you're wearing, and many other superpower which effect is to give you other superpowers depending on certain conditions...

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Oh, well, in that case no. It would have had the same effect in any place, time or condition in which it was used.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of? (cont'd)

Vespert
Does he have to perform a certain action to use his power? Like saying something, writing something, striking a pose,...
1234 ... 51