Dungeon World

Philote
Administrator
Dungeon World is one of my favorite RP systems. The entire system is available for free here: http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/

It is a very simple system that is very story focused.

There are also two additional fan supplements that add a lot to the game play:
Grim World
Class Warfare

You can also buy the very nice DW pdf here: Drivethrurpg

I'm a fan enough of the system that I would say that it is easily worth it and is a system where you could start a campaign up effortlessly anywhere and with anyone.

It runs on a simple 2d6 system where on a 10+ you succeed, a 7-9 you succeed with complications, and 6- the GM is allowed to make a move.

Actions are divided into "moves" that trigger when you try to attempt different actions and allow you to have more fictional control depending on what class you choose.

The GM never has to make any rolls, entirely controlling the story through what is fictionally appropriate and how the world reacts to what the players attempt.

I made my own custom class for DW awhile ago and would like to get some people's views on it.
Wild Mage Playbook PDF Style. I tried creating a pdf-like version similar to the real DW playbooks but the formatting is getting messed up whenever it is pulled up somewhere other than my computer.
Wild Mage Playbook Word Doc Style. I'm including a plain word doc style of my class as well for easier reading.

The Wild Mage is meant to be played with any premade wild surge list, so I've included my favorite:
Random 10k Chaos Bursts!
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Dungeon World

Interesting.