Classifying Your Powers

So, I decided to go through all the superpowers I had from the list and categorize them into sections, just to get a general idea of the shape of my powers. A single power may be counted in multiple categories.

Time Based: 6
Summoning Based: 14
Knowledge Based: 17
Wind/Air Based: 3
Shapeshifting Based: 9
Meta-Powers: 3
Magic Based: 5
Plant Based: 2
Death Based: 3
Fire Based: 8
Destruction Based: 3
Transportation Based: 8
Music Based: 3
Defense Based: 14
Item Based: 8
Healing Based: 4
Animal Based: 1
Tech Based: 2
Light Based: 4
Domination Based: 3
Enhancing Based: 8
Sound Based: 1
Learning Based: 3
Earth Based: 6
Spirit Based: 3
Weapon Based: 5
Emotion Based: 3
Dream Based: 1
Change Based: 4
Gravity Based: 1
Illusion Based: 1
Disease Based: 1
Narrative Based: 1

Uncategorized: Epic Pose

The results are quite clear: I have an amazing degree of knowledge based powers. Simply Amazing. Loads of Summoning powers. Defense, Shapeshifting, Transportation follow. Self-Enhancing abilities and Fire powers, to my surprise.

Time. Oh I have a nice slant over the time-space continuum.

So, anyone else brave enough to slog through powers?

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Philote
Administrator
But I have so many
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

I had eight pages and it took me twenty minutes.

This is why I doubted anyone was brave enough. :P

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Myself
Administrator
I will comb through my 290+ powers, after 7:00pm today, when the site has begun a new day. In the process, I will check for active powers.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Classifying Your Powers

 I shall get on classifying my abilities later on tomorrow.

BTW: When that's all said and done, I think I shall undertake the task of trying to classify every superhuman ability on our beloved site.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Whaliens123
Yeah, that would be great. It would make finding powers so much easier.

Maybe you should suggest the idea of categorising powers to Justin. He might be able to help.
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box. -Italian proverb-

The Zombie Bite Calculator

Created by Oatmeal

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Whaliens123
I only have 16 powers at this current time. It would be a lot easier for me.

Woah. I really need to catch up!

Need to start looking for that 5-minute-all-powers-available thingy.

Do you guys know when that is? It seems to keep jumping around.
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box. -Italian proverb-

The Zombie Bite Calculator

Created by Oatmeal

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Myself
Administrator
Whaliens123 wrote
Do you guys know when that is? It seems to keep jumping around.
We have no more knowledge than you do. If we knew it, we would post it on the forums. It jumps around by nature.

Check every five minutes and the corresponding thread. If you find the time, post on the corresponding thread after gaining your chosen power.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Whaliens123
Okay, I'll do that.

Every 5 minutes might be a bit much, though. I want to spend some of my time outside as well. As much as I can.

But when it happens, I will record it, so that I can try and map it and find something.
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box. -Italian proverb-

The Zombie Bite Calculator

Created by Oatmeal

Re: Classifying Your Powers

 *sniff* Justin...

He really needs to come back.
Whd

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

The problem with categorizing them is that we'd need a tonne of them.

I barely have a hundred, yet look at how many categories I had to use.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

WonderDrow
Administrator
Maybe we first need to have some standard system to catagorize them.

Not sure such a thing already exists on the internet...

Oh never mind, just use Zale's.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Classifying Your Powers

I just picked a noun that described the power's abilities nicely.

I even put my star/sun powers in fire/light rather than making a new category for them.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Re: Classifying Your Powers

WonderDrow
Administrator
The top 20 of the keywords used in the Tags field on the superpowerlist:

power
control
energy
mind
fire
death
summoning
time
summon
shapeshifting
water
light
strength
magic
manipulation
change
powers
speed
life
reality
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Classifying Your Powers

WonderDrow, Are you a robot?

The degree of thoroughness and memory you display lends to that belief.

So, we've got some nice categories now.

Though the difference between Control and Manipulate would be rather fine.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

WonderDrow
Administrator
Zaleramancer wrote
WonderDrow, Are you a robot?
How would you know for sure I'm not an advanced artificial intelligence?

When the turing test isn't conclusive.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Classifying Your Powers

I could always say that I never tell the truth.

But you'd hardly be so limited.

I have no way of knowing you aren't.

Re: Classifying Your Powers

Philote
How did you find that out?

I made this awhile ago, the idea was that a power could be classified by using one or two of the options below.
Philote wrote
Heat (fire/heat)
Frost (Ice/cold)
Energy (Lightning/magnetism/gravity/other energies not in other categories)
Liquid (Water/other liquid powers)
Light (holy/normal)
Dark (night/demonic/normal)
Earth(ground/minerals/rocks)
Air (Wind/gases)
Metal (metals/ores)
Plant (trees,grass,etc)
Animal (Human/body/species)
Elemental (anything with more than two of the above)
Tech (inteligience to build tech, technomancy, have access to tech)
Crafting (Cooking, Art, Writing, Building, Music making, sculpting, etc)
Shapeshifts (yourself and others)
Sound (sound wave manipulation powers)
Spirit (soul/psychic/sleep powers also maybe)
Time (fast forward/rewind/etc)
Space (dimensions, outer space, teleportation, microscopic also like atoms)
Life (living, reincarnation, healing, death powers included)
Summons (From Living to Non-Living Summons)
Equipment (for those armor/clothes/weapon powers)
Luck (probability, luck, chance, gambling)
Power (things that increase/negate/mimic/steal/reverse/etc powers)
Chemical (Creation, immunity, poisons, etc)
Sickness (Diseases, sicknesses, mental illnesses)
Social (Emotion, leadership, group, etc powers)
Misc (random stuff,things related to shows/movies/etc, cracktart)
Mythpowers (biggest series on the site I think)
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
123