Character (Well, User) Backstories

TheSoupster
I guess it's far easier for me, what with only having eight powers, but I'm quite enjoying coming up with a backstory for each acquisition I make. For example...

’Soupification’ and ’Pulmentikinesis’ are sort of the base powers of The Soupster, discovered one morning when he realised he he'd liquified a significant portion of his room into beef stew. Initially somewhat disturbed, he slowly realised what he could do through a rigorous combination of practice, scientific analysis and cookery lessons. Venturing forth into the Glaswegian wilderness, he began providing for those who needed food, and protecting those who needed help. As he did this, he noticed a correlation between available sunlight and his energy, and discovered his secondary power: ’Electromagnetic Absorption'.

After a few months of intensive training, he achieves something of a ’Peak Human Potential’, and decides to look into technology. Through partnership with friends engaged in top level research, he gains a device which allows him to ’Teleport’, discovering as well the ’Aesthetic Assimilation’ element of his powers.

With this new power quite literally under his belt, The Soupster begins to probe deeper into the city’s underground. No longer a simple vigilante, he attracts the attention of a mysterious figure with a vested interest in Glasgow's criminal underworld. This figure was put on edge by The Soupster's digging, and so decimated his abilities by completely 'Cancelling' them all. All hope seemed lost for our intrepid hero...

However, he learned of a secret research facility in a remote region of North Africa working on a way to 'Jump Start' powers. Could this be the answer (hint: yes)? Can he right the wrongs and put an end to the injustice in the underbelly of his city (hopefully)? Either way, there is only one way for him to find out, so to North Africa The Soupster must go...

Am I the only one to do something like this with power acquisitions? Have any of you guys ever thought along the same lines? If so, share a bit of here, it'd be cool to hear your thoughts. :)

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

 Nice...

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

Wow... That would be difficult. I would love to try but with this thingy typing that much would be murder.  D:
 I haven't really participated much in the new beginning, not actively at least. I mean, I passively follow along but..

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

 That's true.

It would be hard. Plus, kinda moot, really. I think I've explained how I got my powers like 50-leven-thousand times. So...yeah.

I think I'll just post a past description.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

Tis he, the Penultimate.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

Shall I post the history of the Miscreants here then?

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

 So says I.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

TheSoupster
Ah I didn't realise some of you had already done stuff like this elsewhere...! If you could post them here though, that could be quite cool, as a sort of easy access place for to view them all. At any rate, I'd be quite interested in reading them!

I'm probably going to head off for the night now, and I've got faaaaaarrrrr too much to do tomorrow, so I may only be on briefly. Then again, this place is an absolute black hole for productivity, so I may cave to temptation. :P

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

 Okay...

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

Ah, here it is.....

The History of the Miscreants

Somewhere off in an undeveloped star system there were two planets that orbited a single star. One planet was covered in plants while the other was barren and lifeless. For eons these planets orbited and did not change. Then, things changed …

A meteor struck the planet that was covered in life. This meteor was different from others. It was covered in runes that glowed and pulsed with power. Something happened between the meteor and the plant life of the planet. All of the plant life receded into the earth and soon the earth came to life….

Small deposits of earthen materials slowly became humanoid creatures. Everything from coal and limestone to amber and quartz was given life. This new race quickly became aware of the meteor and its magical energies. They knew it had immense power and so they hid it away where it would be safe. They hid it in the center of their planet and to make sure no one of them could use its power they sealed it with a kind of magical lock. Each one of them was one of the keys to this lock so that it could only be accessed if they all came together.

Centuries later the creatures had developed a culture and civilizations. They called themselves The Miscreants. The Miscreants continued to prosper and grow. They made their planet a paradise and trained their own earthen powers. Everything was perfect until the day when they discovered the other planet in their star system.

I am one such miscreant but have been able to acquire plenty of extra powers while I have lived in the New Beginning universe.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

I know, right!

You want to do something, but this site is so entertaining.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

 Most of what I want to do has to do with online stuff anyhow. It's no real big difference to me...

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

TheSoupster
 What happened to the other planet?!?

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

(I did not include this part because it is irrelevant now in New Beginning.)

The second planet had also developed from the energies of the meteor but it had developed into something dark and sinister. The whole planet had become like a giant sponge that constantly sucked up energy. The Miscreants sent a team to investigate it. That team was led by the most fearless of the Miscreants….the Malevolent Miscreant. When the team reached the planet they were drained of their power and killed, but Mal survived. Not only did she survive, but she learned the dark secrets of the planet and it corrupted her. When she returned she hungered for power. The only power that could satisfy her was the meteor, but it was sealed within the planet. So, she hatched a plan to steal all the Miscreant’s powers and unlock the meteor.

And so she did.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

TheSoupster
Flip me. Sucks to be any of the other guys on the first planet... Presuming the Marvelous Miscreant is also one of said Miscreants, and presuming he's on earth (although that maybe quite a presumption), how did he escape?

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

I have yet to reveal how he escaped from the planet along with several others, but I do plan on it.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

ParallelanPrincess
As a young child, Savior knew she was different. Demons, harpies, and even gods were drawn to her like moths to a flame. At first she was at a lose of what to do. And then she met The Penultimate. He became her mentor in all things mythological. After several years she became as skilled as her teacher. From that moment on she became The Editor. Now she returns to her mentor to further her literary expertise. In time, she will become more than a fangirl. She will become a legend.

(So yeah..)
Student, Secret Agent, Princess

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

 Indeed...

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

Philote
 Can't wait to see what powers you choose to have.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Character (Well, User) Backstories

I'd try to convince her to get powers on the main site, but it's taken everything in my power to get THIS much, so...yeah, baby steps.