All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

cer1992
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

World of the Amazons!

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

cer1992
Would this scenario benefit the world or will the world become a disaster if this ever occurs?

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Mass superpowers almost always entitles disaster....

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

It doesn't really matter what group suddenly gets superpowers. Chaos will ensue with half the population changes.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

cer1992
An aleternate reality like this one may not be as bad as some of you think. Everything has its pros and cons. To be honest, I highly suspect that rape and domestic volence agianst women will drop considerably, and that abusive husbands, deadbeat dads, and all the other guys who have treated certain women in a negative manner will get what's coming at them. And the crime-rate for women would probably increase also, since they're now able to effortlessly punch through ATMs with their bare hands and punch men's heads clean off.

However, I believe that women will still be personality-wise considered the "gentler" sex, though they will be physically stronger than us. There will still be men in their respective government positions, perhaps using the now-super females as security or bodyguards.

So while there will probably be some changes to the world, a lot of things will remain consistent.

And if cooler heads prevail, it may even benefit the planet.

And furthermore, this scenario is sure as heck better than if it were men getting all the powers and not women. That's where all the choas would happen. But here, women, still having lower levels of testosterone, are less agressive and have much more compassion than men. I'm a male, by the way, and have respect for the female community.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

You've never met a woman on her period, have you?

Men aren't nearly as bad as they tend to be painted. It always irks me to see people assume that.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

cer1992
But they really do have more compassion than we do and are the gentler sex. And I'm all aware that women, too, have a darker side to them. Some kill their husbands, their kids, and even become serial killers. But all I'm saying is that if i had to choose which entire group should be granted superpowers, i pick women over men.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

I agree, women are just as violent as men.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

As a whole women and men are equally compassionate and calm. Only particular individuals are more or less on the spectrum.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

I'd pick Jainists.

These differences are largely a result of culture and social roles, rather than much inborn.

I'd predict that this would result in loads of trouble.

Did you know 40% of domestic abuse victims are male? Most of them don't mention it because it would be un-masculine to admit to being hurt by their wives or girlfriends.

They would be a spike in crime rates as a precentage of women decided to use their new found powers to get what they want. This would be the same regardless. With nearly half the population gaining abilities, at least some of them will decide to do nasty things with them.

In more anti-women countries there will be civil revolts as some women fight, and many, many men decide to kill the unholy devil women. Healing factor aside, deaths and damage on both side are expected.

Many of the more conservative religious groups would take this as a sign of the end times or demonic possession and go bananas.

The more extreme factions in political groups will go absolutely nuts, both on the men's and women's side.

Lines will be drawn and it's likely violence and nasty laws will be drafted.

You may find superstrength impressive, but we live in a world were it's easy to kill with a twitch of the finger. I don't expect powers to help to much in an actual combat situation with armed and trained soldiers.

Female soldiers will probably become very, very threatening.

Decades will probably pass before everything settles down.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Screw gender politics, I'd pick liberals over conservatives.

Give all the world's liberals either the same ability, or an individual ability that best suits their personality/skill set, and the world would be an awesome place. If nothing else, it'd make their politics MUCH more easy to enforce.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Indubitably. Getting beat by a girl is no joke.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

 HA! More compassion? Gentler?

BALDERDASH!

Women are getting slighted and mistreated and abused all the time, held to more unjust standards than men all the time, and overall taken for weaker than they truly are all the time. That alone, I would think, would make them quite angry. And a woman scorned is not to be messed with.

If you knew my mother, and nearly 99.999% of the women/girls I've known in my life, you would understand, females can outdo a man's ferocity any day.

A man is capable of brute strength, being violent, sure. But a woman is capable of mental warfare that men can only envy from afar. They can hold grudges like nobody's business, win arguments like master debaters, discover secrets and pass on gossip like seasoned spies, and if you throw a college degree into the mix, you have yourself quite an attractive (but intimidating) prospect as a woman.

And, of course, I'm generalizing and hyperbolizing a little, for something of a comedic effect. Still, that doesn't take away from the fact that women are capable of just as much as men. Perhaps not physically, but where they lack in body, they more than make up for in mind. And if you trust the stereotype, all they need is to detach their emotions from the situation, to become formidable forces to deal with, WITH or WITHOUT the superpowers.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Philote
I agree with Zale, with such a sudden drastic change, the world would be thrown into chaos and would have to recover and redevelop a system to cope with the new world setup.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Indeed.

And government and politics would be so vastly different.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

cer1992
There's nothing wrong with laws changing. Hell, perhaps with women holding the cards, all the chaos that is actaully happening now (I.e., unemplyment, homelessness, crime rates, wars, etc.) may as well decrease. Beacuse, for the past millenia, since us males have been the dominant ones in power, all that's been going on so far are civil wars, racism, and other stuff like that. But i bet anything if you let women take control of the government and so forth, maybe all of that will be reduced. Sure, there are a lot of nasty women out there who will use their powers for evil and self-serving reasons, but hey, that's life. The sun may be powerful, but remember, there will always be that darker side of half the planet. And these are the kind of women who will NOT be in office; only the educated, good-natured ones.

I, for one, wouldn't mind living in this realm. It's not like I have women who got grudges against me. The men who are in danger in thsi world are pimps, wife-beaters, and so one, but that's their bad.

Also, if my girlfriend had all the abilities of Superman, sex would rock my world! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Philote
Administrator
Its not really about men or women, there is going to be corruption no matter which group of human's you put in control. Like I said, there is going to be a large amount of chaos with such a drastic change, and while it would settle down eventually, it would take quite a long time. There are terrible people in positions of power today even though we have good natured people like you mention.

With super strength, they would be a high chance of them killing you during sex as well.....
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

cer1992
i am a firm believer that power do not corrupt. it's the person who is possessing the power, and i suspect that most women will still maintain their current attitude, for the most part anyway. the ones who will be corrupted are crack hoes, gang members, sluts, victims of prolonged abuse namely from husbands, those kinds of women. If anything, if this scenario was to be flipped, I think there would be way more men villains than there would be women villains here.

And all these women bascialy have is superhuman strength, nothing more. It's not like I gave them energy blasts of heat vision or something. They're just physically stronger than us, which means they technically wouldn't have superpowers, just enhanced strength.

Re: All Women Gain Super-strength/Healing Factor

Philote
Administrator
Power can corrupt, but it is dependent on the person like you said. If I were to simplify things and say that the world is 50/50 men/women and 50% of women would be corrupt, then that is still 25% of the world that suddenly have the ability to get away with anything they want and are likely to act on it until order can be reestablished.

You did not really define what sort of power range you were referencing. Super strength could be anything from that of a Pro Wrestler to the strength of a titan to something beyond that. Regeneration could be quick healing or full on immortality with the ability to shrug off any wound.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
123