After-Realm RP

Chapter 1: Asleep

You awake groggily and slowly stand. Your head is pounding and your muscles ache. You try to recall how you got here, but your mind is blank. Glancing around you realize the room you're in, if it even is a room, is pitch black save for the small pool of light in which you stand. The darkness around you makes you uneasy, but not as much as the fact that you can't remember anything about who you are or how you got here. After a moment you glance down and inspect yourself.

You're surprised to find that you are nothing more than a silhouette. You wonder out loud as to why this might be. The answer is obvious of course. You don't know what you're supposed to look like. How could anyone really see you if nobody knows what you look like. You'll have to describe yourself if you wanna be more than a mysterious character silhouette for the rest of the story.....er....you mean.....for the rest of your life.

As this realization dawns on you, you notice a very conveniently placed mirror. The mirror is a little spooky looking, but you suppose it works just like a mirror should. You could use it to see yourself and describe what you're supposed to look like. At least then you could relax a little knowing you're no longer a mysterious silhouette. You can try an find a way out of this weird place after that.

You approach the mirror and stare into it. Well here goes....

>> INPUT : Describe yourself in a few singular words.

(Link to Discussion Thread)

Re: After-Realm RP

>>Male, Brown Skinned, Green Jumpsuit

Re: After-Realm RP

>>Amazing hat, Red Eyes, Dark Skin.

Re: After-Realm RP

Philote
Administrator
>>Asthma, Short, Satyr
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: After-Realm RP

You glance into the mirror and describe yourself. When you're finished, you're not surprised to find that you are a fairly handsome guy. You're skin is a silky brown and your eyes are piercing red. You're wearing a hat that could only ever be described as amazing. Two stub-like horns protrude from you forehead through holes cut in the hat's brim. You're also wearing a nice, green jumpsuit. Clearly you know something about fashion. However, all of this pales in comparison to your legs....

...which appear to be goat legs. Apparently you're a satyr. You're not sure how you could have forgotten something like that, but then again you're not sure how (or rather why) you forgot anything. While you admire your stunning legs, your amazing hat and your frankly very stylish jumpsuit, you notice something in your pocket. You pull it out.

Its a small tube-like device. An inhaler. It's engraved with a strange symbol you don't recognize. You can't remember if it belongs to you, but you think it most likely does. You should definitely hang on to it in case it turns out you need it. You shove it securely back into your pocket.

Suddenly, the darkness around you fades. Lights flicker on and you can suddenly see the room you're in. You also get the strange impression that you are being watched.

A sinister laughs echoes behind you.

You rapidly turn to face the sinister laughter. You're suprised to see a strange man standing behind you. Had he been there the whole time? Why didn't he say anything sooner? Who was he? These questions and more race through your mind.You stare at the strange man for a moment and he stares back. After an awkward silence the man speaks.

"Uh....Greetings!", he exclaims in a friendly manner, "I'm glad to see you're up and about. My name is Mr. Grave. I know you likely don't remember your name, but I can't very well just call you 'guy' now can I? So what should I call you?

>> INPUT : Your Name

OR

>>INPUT: Action

(Link to Discussion Thread)

Re: After-Realm RP

>>ACTION:Do a killer handstand.

Re: After-Realm RP

jOURNALARCHER
>> INPUT : I'm... uh... I don't even know...

Re: After-Realm RP

Philote
Administrator
>>Obtain Rabbit
>>Assert Dominance
>>Name yourself Mr. Yard and become the Graveyard duo.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: After-Realm RP

>>Name yourself Eblis O'Shaughnessy. Declare yourself the king of west Latveria!

Re: After-Realm RP

>>Grab sword
>>Brandish sword at Mr. Grave
>>Proclaim, "I am Sir Orestes Kyriakos, and if you don't explain why I'm here, I'll be the last face you see alive!"

Re: After-Realm RP

You become suddenly suspicious of the mysterious stranger and his apparent friendliness. You decide your best course of action is to assert your dominance in an impressive and possibly deadly manner. Only one method comes to mind. You atempt to use your superior Satyr agility to preform the most powerful and deadly acrobatic attack in the known universe....

THE KILLER HANDSTAND!

Unfortunately you aren't nearly high enough level to preform this amazing attack, and you merely preform an ordinary handstand. Which is still pretty impressive.

"That was a wonderful display", Mr. Grave remarks dryly," but it doesn't really answer my question...."

Darn, it seems Mr. Grave wasn't at all cowed by your impressive handstand. You decide you'd better answer his question.

"I...Uh...I don't even know." You stammer.

"That's not a name. C'mon, you can pick anything you like. Just pick something."

You try again. This time you suggest the name "Mr. Yard"

Mr. Grave chuckles. "I see what you did there guy, but that's not really a proper name. Try again."

You try again, this time thinking long and hard before announcing that you are "Eblis O'Shaughnessy, King of West Latvaria!"

Mr. Grave gives and exasperated sigh. "That name is ridiculous and I can barely pronounce it. Not to mention you obviously aren't a king and there is no such place as West Latvaria. Look.....let's just combine your obviously poorly thought out names into something that could work. How about Eblis Yard? Huh, how's that sound, Good? I knew you'd like it. Good to meet you Eblis."

Well, it seems your name is now Eblis Yard. At least that's what Mr. Grave seems dead set on calling you from now on. Oh well, you suppose its not a terrible name as far as names go, but you'd much rather have been a king or one half of an awesome duo. Though you suppose the latter might still be possible.....if you play your cards right.

"Now Eblis, come over here," Mr. Grave instructs calmly.

You approach the area Mr. grave indicated and see several weapons carefully arranged on a low shelf.

"Please, I'd like to offer you a few tools. We're safe in my home here, but outside those doors it can be quite dangerous. I wouldn't want you getting hurt out there after I went through the trouble of rescuing you. So please, take a weapon or two to defend yourself."

You eye the weapons warily.

What Rabbit? There's no Rabbit in here. The only animal you see is the small stone totem carved to look like a soulless monster. You can feel it's beady eyes staring into you. A sinister light falls on its terrifying, fluffy fur and it exudes an aura of bloodlust. The monster really make you feel uncomfortable.

You pocket it anyways. Maybe it will come in handy later.

You suddenly don't trust Mr. Grave again. You quickly grab the short sword from the shelf and hold it menacingly towards Mr. grave. You announce in what you hope is a commanding voice, "I am Sir Orestes Kyriakos, and if you don't explain why I'm here, I'll be the last face you see alive!"

Whelp, there goes your chance at being The Graveyard Duo....

Mr. Grave stare at you, confused. "No, you are Eblis Yard. We've established this already. And if you wanted to know why you're hear you need only to have asked. Where are your manners? You're hear because I brought you here. I found you unconscious outside in the Wilds. You could have died out there. I saved you. Show some gratitude!"

Convinced you lower the sword and stow it away.

"Now, you're beginning to wear out your welcome, waving swords around and making threats. If you have anymore questions I'd be happy o answer them. Otherwise. please leave my home. The door is over there."

>> INPUT : Action

(Link to Discussion Thread)

Re: After-Realm RP

>>"Well, I have a final question...where can I get a candle-hat like that one?"
>>After question is answered (or not), prepare to leave

Re: After-Realm RP

Myself
Administrator
>>Inquire about location.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: After-Realm RP

Philote
Administrator
>>Swap sword for Knife/Hammer combo to fit our asthmatic constitution
>>Compare amazing hats
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: After-Realm RP

>> INPUT : Embrace the power within: You Are The Chosen One!

Re: After-Realm RP

>>Proceed with the journey that lies ahead (leave)!

Re: After-Realm RP

You approach Mr. Grave and inquire about where you are.

"What, did you not read the title card?" Mr. Grave asks sarcastically.

You stare back confused. What title card?

"You're in After-Realm, Eblis. Its....well....it's difficult to explain. Just see for yourself."

You are suddenly aware of how utterly AMAZING Mr. Grave's hat is. It's a weird candle/top hat type thing....How cool is that?! You are in awe of it. You mean, you're hat is still pretty amazing, but Mr. Grave's is in a league of its own.

You must know where you can acquire a hat as magnificent as Mr. Grave's. You ask him.

Mr. Grave laughs, "You'll never get a hat this amazing. It's One Of A Kind!"

You feel a little disappointed.

You feel a power begin to awaken inside you and suddenly...

...nothing happens. It's the first chapter, its way too early to be pulling something like that. Better save that card for a climactic scene later.

You decide its about time you left this place. Mr. Grave is beginning to seem rather inhospitable and you're eager to find out about the world outside. You head to the door and step outside, excited to see what's out there.

Maybe you should have stayed inside....

>> INPUT : Action

(Link to Discussion Thread)

Re: After-Realm RP

WonderDrow
Administrator

>> INPUT : Walk down the road

True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: After-Realm RP

Philote
Administrator